Staff Reporter, OnushondhanNews:

A farmer named Sonaullah (38) died after getting electrocuted in Bogra’s Dhunat Upazila. The incident took place at noon on Wednesday (May 19) at his home in Hasapotal village of Elangi Union. The deceased was identified as Sonaullah, son of Mubarak Ali of the village.

Locals said Sonaullah had been threshing paddy in his backyard since Wednesday morning. At noon he would start clearing the paddy with the help of electric fan wind. He was electrocuted when he accidentally touched an electric wire. He was later taken to Dhunat Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared him dead.

Dhunat Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Kripa Sindhu Bala said the spot was inspected after receiving the news. The body was handed over to the family at the end of the preliminary investigation.