power outage
A school student died after a power outage in Dhunat Upazila

Staff Reporter, OnushondhanNews :

A schoolboy named Siam (12) died after being electrocuted in Bogra’s Dhunat Upazila.

The incident took place at Ulurchapar village in the Mathurapur union of the Upazila on Monday (June 14) night.

The deceased was identified as Siam Talukder, son of Dulal Talukder of the village and a sixth-grade student of local Chhatiani Rokeya Obedul Haque High School.

According to the family sources of the deceased, Siam was sitting on the side of the road after playing football with friends on the field next to his house on Monday evening. At this time, the wire of rural electricity hanging above his head suddenly burst and fell on his body. He was electrocuted and injured. He was later rescued and died on the way to Dhunat Upazila Health Complex.

Dhunat Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Kripa Sindhu Bala said the body was handed over to the family after a preliminary investigation.