Dhunot (Bogra) Representative:

Police have rescued a kidnapped schoolgirl (12) three months after she was abducted in Dhunot, Bogra. Police sent the girl to Rajshahi Government Safe Home from Dhunot Police Station on a court order around 1 pm on Friday.

Besides, Mottaleb Hossain (22), the main accused in the schoolgirl abduction case, surrendered to the Bogra court and was sent to jail on a judge’s order.

Motaleb Hossain is the son of Riaz Uddin of Shehliabari village in Gopalnagar union of Dhunot Upazila. Two more cases are pending in court against him for killing his wife and snatching a motorcycle.

According to the case sources, the daughter of a man from Gopalnagar Union of the Upazila is a 6th class student of the local Khatiamari High School. Mottaleb Hossain picked him up from the road near his house on December 23, 2020, at around 6 pm. The girl’s father filed a case with the Dhunat police station on December 28. Mottaleb Hossain and 8 others including his parents were accused in the case.

Meanwhile, about three months after the abduction, Dhunot police conducted an operation on Thursday (March 18) and rescued the abducted girl from the Satmatha area of ​​Bogra city on Thursday. When he was produced in court, his statement under section 22 was recorded and he underwent a medical examination.

However, the girl told the court that they had a love affair and they ran away and got married. They also have a physical relationship. Following the recording of her statement, the court ordered that the girl be sent to the Rajshahi Government Safe Home if she refused to go to her parents.

Meanwhile, Bakhate Mottaleb Hossain surrendered to the court on Thursday after receiving the news of the girl’s rescue. But the court did not grant him bail and ordered him to be sent to jail.

Dhunot Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Kripa Sindhu Bala confirmed the information and said that the girl did not agree to go to her parents after recording her statement in court. For this reason, the court has ordered him to send him to Rajshahi Government Safe Home. So on Friday, he was sent to a safe home from the Dhunot police station.