student dies after getting electrocuted in Sherpur, Bogra

Sherpur (Bogra) Representative:

A schoolboy named Rocky Khan (15) died after being electrocuted in Bogra’s Sherpur Upazila.

He died at the hospital on Tuesday (June 6th) at noon. He is the son of Mahbub Khan of Sughat village and a Class X student of the local Phuljor High School.

It is learned that schoolboy Rocky Khan and his friends opened a coaching center at Awlakandi Bazar in Sughat Union. They used to teach junior students from first-class to fifth class. There he connected WiFi and launched internet service for the public.
But due to the coronavirus, the coaching center was closed for a long time and the house rent fell into arrears.

So his friends including Rocky Khan were removing the goods from the house from 10 am on Tuesday. At one stage, schoolboy Rocky Khan was electrocuted while trying to open the WiFi connection of the coaching center. He was later rescued with the help of locals and taken to Sherpur Upazila Health Complex where he succumbed to his injuries.

Sherpur Police Station SI Tanmoy Barman said the body was handed over to the victim’s family for burial as there was no complaint about the schoolboy’s death. An unnatural death case has been filed in the incident.